Re: Connectivity issues on some sites
DGeuss

I live in Ashburn as well and have had internet connectivity issues since last night. After spending an hour on the phone with the Verizon rep, testing verious reboots, testing connectivitis, she admited that they are getting a large number of calls on the same issue and also mentioned that they had a large server outage yesterday.  This morning, I was still having problems. Actually my iPhone 3GS had fast download speeds (800x faster) then my FIOS.

0 Likes
Lykaon
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the update, DGeuss.  Good to know that they at least know there is a problem.  Now if they could only fix it...
0 Likes
erikw

Just called to remind them that I'm still down. Today is worse than yesterday believe it or not.

Sean from Tech Support attributed the outage on the North Korean denial of service attacks and apparently there's nothing VZ can do.

Classic. That's a first for me. Goes to show that if you feed enough teenagers pizza, you can take down a 81BUSD company.  🙂

0 Likes
Lykaon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting that the North Koreans have hurt only Verizon, and only certain areas (like Ashburn, VA).  Boy, that must have been more targeted than I thought...

My internet at work is 100% functional, so apparently some companies are able to do something about it.

Message Edited by Lykaon on 07-09-2009 08:05 AM
0 Likes
Vapor8
This issue probably has nothing to do with the DDOS attacks earlier this week. Verizon's routing is totally screwed up and that's something on VZ's end. It could have been caused by VZ attempting to 'prevent' any impact the DDOS attacks could have on their network and while doing so, they could have screwed up their routing tables.

At this point, folks who are experiencing the issues need to contact Verizon Fios support and log the fact that they are being affected. The more people they have assigned to a 'group ticket', the quicker it gets escalated in their system, resources assigned and gets resolved more quickly.

As a reminder, Verizon support doesn't actively monitor these forums, so if you are having the issue and have only posted here, please call in to report it.
0 Likes
Lykaon
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have not called yet.  The number I have to call after work, 888-881-8161; is this the best number to call for Ashburn VA FiOS tech support?
0 Likes
erikw

That's what I used. As of the last 10 minutes ago, it seems to be at 75% back to normal. Still have some timeouts.

---umm-- nope.... I take that back. Still hit or miss.

Message Edited by erikw on 07-09-2009 08:54 AM
0 Likes
rokoca
Having the issues here as well. I'm in Southern CA - Quail Valley. They had it fixed yesterday afternoon for me. And as of 5am this morning when I tried to get on for work, everything's down again. Can't even access emails through my outlook for Verizon. And no Verizon Central. Can't access sites for my work either. Reported to Verizon yesterday and again today. Need this fixed desperately!!
0 Likes
Lykaon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having connectivity problems as geographically diverse as California and Virginia is pretty crazy.  This must be one heck of a problem they're trying to solve.

At the very least, they should attempt to notify users via email.  True, our internet doesn't work for us to get the email but we can internet at other places (like work, libary, school, ec).

Sad to hear the issue persists.  I was hoping that it would be resolved by the time I get off work today.  A full 24 hours of outage is pretty unacceptable imo.

0 Likes
CraigVA
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am in Ashburn Village and everything has been good here since a little before 1 pm (now 3:15). 
0 Likes