Consumer 980/880 Plan vs Business 980/880 Plan

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor terra3110
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(547 Views)

Hi,

I noticed that the Consumer 980/880 FIOS Plan costs $80, the Business Version $235. Besides that, I can get a Static IP for the Business plan, what is the difference that justifies a price three times the price?

Frank

3 REPLIES
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(538 Views)

Different support groups and usually, faster tech dispatch if there's a problem. You'll get priority over residential tickets if an outage occurs.

Beyond that, it's the same service... unless you want a Static IP. Business should be ordered if you're at a business, though. It's against the Terms of Service to use Residential for such use otherwise.

Contributor ambroselittle
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(333 Views)

Verizon Business sales rep told me that business internet has routing prioritization. Anyone know if that is true or **bleep**?

Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 4 of 4
(321 Views)

Probably true.

Business service gets priority (service, restoral, etc) over residential.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios TV App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios