Consumer 980/880 Plan vs Business 980/880 Plan
terra3110

Hi,

I noticed that the Consumer 980/880 FIOS Plan costs $80, the Business Version $235. Besides that, I can get a Static IP for the Business plan, what is the difference that justifies a price three times the price?

Frank

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Consumer 980/880 Plan vs Business 980/880 Plan
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Different support groups and usually, faster tech dispatch if there's a problem. You'll get priority over residential tickets if an outage occurs.

Beyond that, it's the same service... unless you want a Static IP. Business should be ordered if you're at a business, though. It's against the Terms of Service to use Residential for such use otherwise.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Different support groups and usually, faster tech dispatch if there's a problem. You'll get priority over residential tickets if an outage occurs.

Beyond that, it's the same service... unless you want a Static IP. Business should be ordered if you're at a business, though. It's against the Terms of Service to use Residential for such use otherwise.

0 Likes
ambroselittle1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Business sales rep told me that business internet has routing prioritization. Anyone know if that is true or **bleep**?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Probably true.

Business service gets priority (service, restoral, etc) over residential.

0 Likes