Continuing Upload Speed Problems - Please Help
ChrisD317

This is going to be a fairly long post, but I need to explain what has been going on. I have had multiple contacts with customer service and have had techs out here twice but still am having the same problem for several weeks now.

I have the Quantum 75/75 plan, so I should be getting 75 Mbps upload and 75 Mbps download speeds. Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago when suddenly my upload speeds became extremely inconsistent.  Upload speeds as measured on Verizon's speed test site very rarely reach 75 Mbps (although they did when the techs were here oddly enough).  Now I'm not getting better than 24 to 30.  Real file transfer times are terrible. I tried to transfer a 48 MB file to Microsoft One Drive.  After 3 minutes, it still was only about half-way transferred. A 48 MB file at 75 Mbps should only take 5 or 6 seconds to transfer, not 6 minutes.  At 6 minutes, I'm only getting 136.5 kbps, which is ridiculously slow.  I've tried this numerous times.  In the past, it transferred quickly.  Now it doesn't.  My download speed, by contrast, is consistently around 84 Mbps.  Never had a problem there ... only upload.

So here's what has been done so far:

• Reset the ONT
  • Reset the router
  • Plugged computer directly into ONT (without router)
  • Tried two different computers
  • Had the ONT replaced

No matter what has been done, my upload speeds are still very bad.  Whether I go through the router or not, it doesn't matter. When I plug directly into the ONT, the problem persists (even with the new ONT).

So, here's what seems obvious to me: the problem is NOT with my computer (since multiple computers have the same issue); it is NOT with my router (since the problem persists even without using the router); the problem is NOT with my internal house wiring (again because even connected directly to the ONT the problem persists); the problem is NOT with the ONT (both old and new ONT's have the same problem).  The problem is obviously something upstream on Verizon's network that is causing my upload speed to be severely limited for whatever reason.

I'm hoping a Verizon rep reads this and gets some kind of investigation going ... I am getting close to leaving Verizon as I cannot transfer files in reasonable times now (for example, my cloud backup service takes forever to get up to date now, and forget One Drive or emails with big attachments).  I do not want to do any more troubleshooting at home ... the problem is with Verizon's equipment, not with mine.  I've been a FiOS customer for nearly 8 years; was great until now, but after 3 weeks of this not being resolved, I'm pretty much out of patience.  It seems Verizon does not want to look into the issue beyond my house when clearly that is where the issue lies.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Continuing Upload Speed Problems - Please Help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Continuing Upload Speed Problems - Please Help
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes