Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Copying settings from m1424wr rev f to m1424wr rev i

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Copying settings from m1424wr rev f to m1424wr rev i

Message 1 of 4
(821 Views)
Anyone successfully copied over router settings, static ip and port forwarding settings successfully from rev f to rev I. I have a good amount of rules setup on the older router, that I will prefer not to spend a few hours manually entering while moving to the rev I. Appreciate input on this..thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Copying settings from m1424wr rev f to m1424wr rev i

Message 3 of 4
(684 Views)

The configuration files should be encrypted, so chances are good that the import to the Rev. I will fail. Worth a try, but plan to configure manually.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 2 of 4
(789 Views)

It's been a while since I upgraded to a Rev I so I can't be sure this will work but unless someone chimes in with different info, I don't see how it can hurt to try this. 

Assuming the Ref F has the same ability to save it's configuration to a file, in the setup page click on Advanced  > Configuration Filie > Save Configuration File.

Then replace the Ref F with the Rev I, go to the same page and use "Load Configuration File" to import your old settings.

If that doesn't work, you can always reset the Rev I to its defaults.

One more thing....before you swap routers, you need to release the Rev F's assigned WAN IP address so the Rev I, when installed, will get a fresh IP assigned to it.

Again, assuming the Ref F setup is the same or similiar, click on My Network > Network Connections > Full Status > Broadband Connection (Ethernet Coax)  > Settings.  At DHCP Lease: click on Release and then immediately power down the old router.  You can then proceed to connect and fire up the Rev I and see if you can successfully restore the configuration from the file you saved.

Good luck.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(685 Views)

The configuration files should be encrypted, so chances are good that the import to the Rev. I will fail. Worth a try, but plan to configure manually.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(572 Views)

Had to reconfigure manually...Thanks for the heads up

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.