Copying settings from m1424wr rev f to m1424wr rev i
teraflops
Enthusiast - Level 1
Anyone successfully copied over router settings, static ip and port forwarding settings successfully from rev f to rev I. I have a good amount of rules setup on the older router, that I will prefer not to spend a few hours manually entering while moving to the rev I. Appreciate input on this..thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Copying settings from m1424wr rev f to m1424wr rev i
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The configuration files should be encrypted, so chances are good that the import to the Rev. I will fail. Worth a try, but plan to configure manually.

View solution in original post

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

It's been a while since I upgraded to a Rev I so I can't be sure this will work but unless someone chimes in with different info, I don't see how it can hurt to try this. 

Assuming the Ref F has the same ability to save it's configuration to a file, in the setup page click on Advanced  > Configuration Filie > Save Configuration File.

Then replace the Ref F with the Rev I, go to the same page and use "Load Configuration File" to import your old settings.

If that doesn't work, you can always reset the Rev I to its defaults.

One more thing....before you swap routers, you need to release the Rev F's assigned WAN IP address so the Rev I, when installed, will get a fresh IP assigned to it.

Again, assuming the Ref F setup is the same or similiar, click on My Network > Network Connections > Full Status > Broadband Connection (Ethernet Coax)  > Settings.  At DHCP Lease: click on Release and then immediately power down the old router.  You can then proceed to connect and fire up the Rev I and see if you can successfully restore the configuration from the file you saved.

Good luck.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The configuration files should be encrypted, so chances are good that the import to the Rev. I will fail. Worth a try, but plan to configure manually.

teraflops
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had to reconfigure manually...Thanks for the heads up

0 Likes