Copyright Notification messages - Need more information
jconlin2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

In the past few months I have gotten 2 notifications of copyright violation but I know for a fact that it did not come from my home. I have looked everywhere on Verizon's site looking for more information but have not found any. Does Verizon provide the proof of this notification somewhere? I would also like to see their records to indicate that they know for sure it was my apartment and not someone else within my complex. Where can I get ahold of this information?

Re: Copyright Notification messages - Need more information
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they provide it on the homepage when you log in. 

www.verizon.net

It should be on the home page after you login with your email 

0 Likes
jconlin2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not sure what you mean, all I ever see is the notification. There is never any other information associated with it. Just the date that they received the complaint and what it was about. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

when I had one, I clicked on it and it showed the IP Address and the time and date etc....  What movie studio was mad, and what asset I had downloaded to make them mad.  

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're positive that someone had not installed P2P software onto your computer or had used it incorrectly, definitely consider your Wireless connection and check it over to ensure it is either off, if you don't use it or it is locked down with WPA2-PSK AES Encryption. WEP is crackable in no time and WPA has some security vulnerabilities in it that make it crackable in less time than a Brute Force would take. Apartments can and often are havens for people borrowing Wi-Fi.

Also, it has been seen in a case or two where apartments were wired incorectly for Coaxial TV service and as a result, other tenants could use someone's FiOS router by using a MoCa adapter. Check over your network list on your router at http://192.168.1.1/ and check for unknown computers and set top boxes. The default login is often:

admin as username

Router's Serial Number as password.

0 Likes