Most of the time (approx 95%) I cannot download files from the web that are greater than 500KB in size. During the download process I'll receive an error. They are often generic indicating that the download has failed or that the file is corrupt. This happens from all web sites across all devices I have in the house. Some examples are: Tivo updates, Amazon movies, movies and music from iTunes, Sony PlayStation updates, Windows updates. If there's a source that I've tried to download from, it has failed. But browsing is usually fine. And the TV service is fine.
What have I tried:
- Replacing the coax feed from the wall
- Attaching the Actiontec router directly to the main feed coming from the ONT before it's split to the separate room outlets
- Isolating devices
- Calling Verizon support. "We do not filter any protocols or web sites." That doesn't help resolve this problem
- Replaced the M1424 WR router with one bought off of ebay. No resolution
- Installed a NIM100 cable modem along with a D-Link router. No resolution
These actions and the resulting lack of resolution lead me to believe that the problem is with the ONT or somewhere else off premises.
I've threatened to cancel the service. Any hints for resolving this? What are my options with Verizon now?
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.