Could be Collisions? On my own network?
GForceVA

I have my own network/router attached to the Verizon Fios-G1100 and it was working fine for about a year, but I assume Verizon changed something because now MY network goes down about every 24 to 48 hours, so I assume that it is some sort of collision problem on my local router? The Verizon network side seems fine.

I have my own static IP/Wired printers, network drives and other static IP devices so I need my own router to work.

I am using IP: 192.168.2.1 for my router, with DHCP enabled for the local devices.

I have tried 4 different local routers (Cisco E3000, D-Link DIR-815, Linksys WRT54G2 – V1, and BEFW11S4 s.4) and ALL OF THEM display the same symptoms = they work fine for a while then stop working (hence suspect collisions), when I reset the local router it works fine for a while then the cycle repeats.

I assume I need to set something up on the Verizon Fios-G1100 to stop this from happening, I have tried adding a routing table, subnet mask, etc. but nothing seems to work.

Please help, I need this to work.

Thank you in advance... G

0 Likes
Re: Could be Collisions? On my own network?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not sure what you mean that network stops working.

Can devices on the 192.168.2.x network ping each other when you have an issue?

If not, that is nothing under Verizons control. That would be controlled by your router/switch.

Or is it that they can not access Internet?

How do you have your rotuer hooked to Verizon route?

Lan of G1100 to WAN of your router?

0 Likes
Re: Could be Collisions? On my own network?
GForceVA

Thanks, answers:

1. Not working means they cannot access the Internet from my router, I never tried a local ping, just reset the router and Internet connection returns. BUT, when problem is ocurring I cannot print to local printers, router reset again clears problem.

2. Connected Fios-G1100 via CAT5 cable (3 ft) - WAN/Internet on my router to LAN on Fios-G1100.

3. As I metioned, it was working fine for a year, then suddenly stopped/no Internet from my router. I changed nothing on my router but Verizon did change my local IP address on the Fios-G1100. I checked the DNS on the Fios-G1100 and it is still the same, so DNS on my router is not the issue.

0 Likes