Courtesy Heads Up for Planned OPutages
Laurie44mv

There was a planned outage in my area last night - Verizon should call or email all it's customers with a courtesy heads up that this will take place - I am in IT and if I am on support for my job and need my computer and there is an outage, I will be unable to perform my job duties to trouble-shoot - if i know in advance, I can plan coverage for my job during a planned outage.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Courtesy Heads Up for Planned OPutages
db909
Contributor - Level 3

If all you can do is guess without performing a basic google search, you probably should not be posting answers here.

Of course FIOS, like other ISPs, has planned outages.

Login into your account and look for 'Receive Outage Alerts"!

"Outage Notifications

Get alerts sent to you when outage or other events impact your Verizon services."

You can select any combination of 3 options, email, text, Twitter.

It works.

View solution in original post

rlgoodman

Yes, this would be good. Since we rely on this service, often to get work done, even in the middle of the night, it is essential to know when outages are planned.

Thanks.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rarely do they plan total outages.  Although they sometimes play partial outages (servers usually in a rolling update) as they make changes.

Where did you here about a Planned Outage?

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

If all you can do is guess without performing a basic google search, you probably should not be posting answers here.

Of course FIOS, like other ISPs, has planned outages.

Login into your account and look for 'Receive Outage Alerts"!

"Outage Notifications

Get alerts sent to you when outage or other events impact your Verizon services."

You can select any combination of 3 options, email, text, Twitter.

It works.