Credit Refund
dlbailey1010

My wife and I have been Verizon for a few months and just recently had to pay taxes on our new house.  We discovered that our account was doubled billed after we made a manual payment.  We now have a credit on our account of $70.78.  I called the service reps and the automated system had an option to request a refund of our credit.  I spoke to a rep and they stated that the credit would be forwarded onto the next two billing cycles.  I DON'T want it to be applied to the next two billing cycles I want the error refunded into the account it was withdrawn from.  I reviewed the various forum posts and found this to not be a unique problem.  Verizon has had many problems with refunds of credits for various reasons.  Does anyone know what can be done to have that overpayment refunded into the account is was withdrawn from?

0 Likes
Re: Credit Refund
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

In order to assist you,we will have an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
JayLaw1

We too, are in the credit due endless loop.  I guess it will require a complaint to the Maryland Atty. Gen'l office and the FCC to get Verizon to cough up our lousy $32 credit refund due.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello JayLaw

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
marmagness
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still waiting on my credit refund of $168.14. I discontinued service Oct. 31, 2014 due to a move to another state. I've spoken to a customer service 2 times (in December and January) but still no refund.  Today I filed complaints online with the Better Business Bureau (https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/find-business/name/verizon) and the The Federal Communications Commission (www.consumercomplaints.fcc.gov)  . Maybe if enough people file complaints, other than with Verizon, then Verizon will be forced to make timely refunds to their past customers.  Slow refunding may be a profitable business practice for Verizon, but it certianly is not good customer service. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi marmagness,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
marmagness
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon agent who received my complaint from the Better Business Bureau contacted me. I received my refund yesterday, 2/11.2015.  

0 Likes
bhatirp

I do have credit on the account.  I cancelled my account more than 4 months ago and have not recieved a refund.  All the messages in this forum are worrying me that I will never get my refund.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bhatirp,

Have you contacted Verizon support to inquire about your refund?

Contact Us

0 Likes
donnelbr

I've been trying for several months to secure a $191.96 credit refund. It's clear Verizon has a process whereby they zero out credits, and fail to send the refund check. This is not the first time I've been through this with Verizon.

0 Likes