Critical Updates
RGrammer

I hate when things start downloading in the background when I'm on the computer.

I have turned off automatic updates on other programs so I can choose times that are convenient for me for my computer to go off and install things.

Tonight a "Critical Updates" program from Verizon started on my computer.

I'm not happy.

I have looked all over and I can not find any place where I can modify this setting. I can't choose to turn it off completely, or choose to have it check on shut-down, etc.

Does anyone know where these settings live?

I don't really want to open yet another support ticket. this should be simple.

BTW... How about online access to tech support for FIOS? 

0 Likes
Re: Critical Updates
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@RGrammer wrote:

Tonight a "Critical Updates" program from Verizon started on my computer.

What Verizon software do you have on your computer that it would be updating? Since there is no software from Verizon required to get connected, I assume you have something else installed. (VISS, In-Home Agent, etc.)

@RGrammer wrote:

BTW... How about online access to tech support for FIOS? 

There's a Live Chat option on the Contact Us page. I use it just about every time I need tech support.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What Verizon software do you have on your computer that it would be updating? Since there is no software from Verizon required to get connected, I assume you have something else installed. (VISS, In-Home Agent, etc.)

Perhaps it was something a part  of Windows.

OP (the person who started this thread) What Verison of Windows are you using? For example, I am on Windows XP SP3.

0 Likes
underh2o

How long does this critical update take?  It has been running for the last 15 hours!!!!!  Any suggestions?  Should I 'X' out of it?

0 Likes