Switch Account

Customer Owned Router

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Customer Owned Router

Message 1 of 3
(541 Views)

I purchased my own router and returned the router I was renting from Fios back to Fios 3 months ago and they have decided to charge me a rental fee this month along with a 16.00 fee for making changes to my acct. I never had this problem with Xfinity/Comcast. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Customer Owned Router

Message 2 of 3
(518 Views)

This is a reoccurring complaint.

contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission via google search. Call them for quicker service and also file the online complaint form.

make sure you can provide a receipt for the return. Without it no way to get the money back. The charge for changing service? I have not heard of it.

verizon can see if you call them 1-800-VERIZON if there is a Quantum Gateway Router attached. They cannot see your own customer owned router. 

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Customer Owned Router

Message 3 of 3
(500 Views)

Hi Samhill,

It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.