Customer Service Escalation
Viv092

I've been a verizon customer for over 2 years, and recently got a new verizon service. The verizon guys came and swapped the same gateway router I had for a new one, which is where the problems started. Some devices would work, some wouldnt work. When a device started working, another device would stop working, this went on from day 1. I called Verizon and they sent a technician with a very poor attitude. He came, and connected his phone, and it worked, so he said theres no issue and left. I kindly asked him to connect another device, and see if it would work, and he connected his verizon tablet, which didnt work. He tried plugging it in via ethernet, which worked, and told me to use another router plugged into this one. He then literally just walked out the door. After I called back, they sent the same technician back again, and he repeated the same exercise, but this time spent a little longer. After leaving again, though this time he didnt just walk out, I called back and requested that they send a different technician to fix the problem, as this guy clearly was not willing to address or acknowledge the issue. Furthermore, every time I called, agents on the phone kept telling me that the notes mentioned the problem was solved, when it wasnt. It was clear that the technician they sent was not being truthful in his notes, either out of spite or frustration, I dont know. 

So they sent a different guy out the third time, and this technician clearly saw the issue right away, and after a half hour he fixed it. Now, after 2 weeks, I see my bill and I am charged $60 for "Jack Work" and $99 for "Equipment trouble identification 2". There was never any "Jack work" done, and I am not sure why I am being charged $99 to fix a router I am paying $10/month for. After calling Verizon support to address this issue, I am told by an agent named Cathleen that she can remove the "Jack Work" fees but will not be able to remove the $99 fee, so I ask to speak to a supervisor, and am connected to a Madeleine. Madeleine proceeds to confirm to me that its Verizon's policy to charge customers to fix the Gateway router, even if its rented from Verizon, and that I should get a maintenance plan, clearly a ploy to upsell me. Every time I tried to explain that the technicians notes were false, or that the issue was still present when he left, she kept giving me scripted answers about Verizons policy. I asked her if there was anyone else I could speak to that could give me a logical solution to the situation, and she claimed there was no one I could speak to, or email, and that I would have to write a letter and send it to 290 W Mt Pleasant Ave, Livingston, NJ. I can think of no other reason to tell a customer to write a letter in the year 2018 other than to create difficulties and hope they move on with their concerns. Unfortunately, I am not one of those customers and I would like an answer to this. I've been a Fios customer for 2.5 years, and have connections at several rental properties I own as well, all with no issues. However, I have no reason to work with a company that cannot respect or treat its customers fairly. 

Could someone else at Verizon please confirm to me that a rented Gateway router will only be fixed at a charge to the customer, unless they have a maintenance plan, as explicitly stated by Madeleine? 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Escalation
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Viv092,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes