Customer Service Issue Fios Router
DanM5

Hello,

I am not sure this is the best place to post this but I have found no other way to get anyone's attention - even after just being told on the phone that I could "log a complaint" via some contact form at Verizon's website.

Three weeks ago I called planning to end our TV service and downgrade our plan as much as possible. Over the course of a long call with the representative, I was convinced to stay on board for a greatly reduced cost - an internet package and local TV only. In addition, he told me that he was "adding a new router" since we hadn't had any hardware upgrade in 4+ years. 

After several weeks, no new router was delivered. When I called today, the agent told me - with little in the way of understanding - that I was not eligible for said router because I had not upgraded our internet service. When I told him that it seemed pretty shady to be promised something as part of a package and then not have it delivered, he (in my view) shrugged and said there wasn't much he could do and if I wanted the new router I would have to upgrade and pay more. Additionally, he told me there was no record on their end of the router being promised.

I was told/re-told at least half a dozen times about adding the new router in my original call (9/21). I am sure this call is saved somewhere. And I am **bleep** off to be promised one thing and given another. And really, I'd just like someone to say that it was a pretty crappy sales tactic if not an outright bait-and-switch. 

Bottom line - how do I get this message to someone who will say more than "well, we don't do that upgrade so I am not sure why you were told that"?

Appreciate any help in directing me to an email, complaint desk or a phone number that gets me past level one.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Issue Fios Router
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DanM,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes