Customer Service Mislead Me - Feeling Cheated
terpgrad

What an awful and frustrating multi-call experience with Verizon when I tried to extend my FIOS contract. I called yesterday about 8:15am to remove TV and upgrade my internet speed to 100/100. The first Agent provided a good offer *if* I switched to autopay with a debit card or bank account. She said to call back to sign up and my offer and our conversation was documented. I changed to autopay and called back with in about an hour. After talking to several agents and a manager I was told NO such offer is available for you. Instead I was provided the following incredibly frustrating and unbelievable run around as follows:

1) that deal expired. (What! In about and hour!)

2) different agents have different deals (does that mean keep calling until I get the “right” agent...actually tried that)

3) check back again later (did that...)

4) keep your existing 50/50 w/ TV plan and oh by the way... it “may” go up about 20% the next billing cycle or two. Or other even more expensive alternatives were offered.

5) check online. (no such offer. Even worse prices!)

6) AND if you are not happy, WRITE a LETTER (not an email) and send it to Livingston, NJ. (Come on Verizon... think about that coming from you and in the digital age!!) 

What kind of service is this?? I was promised a price and did what I was asked, only to  be mislead with terrible alternatives and multiple up-sale attempts. Why does Verizon mislead and try to bait and switch a loyal customer?  I feel cheated and frustrated!!

Any ideas? Should I call the BBB.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Mislead Me - Feeling Cheated
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi terpgrad,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes