Customer service is awful!!!
Biodocman

My FiOs service isn't going to installed until Friday but I've had nothing but awful dealings with Customer Service.  They are totally incompetent.  I called at least a dozen times to find out about what type of battery backup is available for the ONT I'm getting.  I was told completely different things by different people. NO ONE knew anything about the products they were selling.  Furthermore, many of the representatives were condescending and downright rude.  I ordered things I have to return and cancelled things I ultimately had to reorder....all because of misinformation, arrogance, and incompetence.  I hope this isn't going to represent how I will be treated once my service is started.  But, all in all, things DO NOT bode well for a good relationship with Verizon.  I am truly sorry but this seems to be the reality.  I probably should have stuck with my cable provider!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer service is awful!!!
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The answer is that it depends on the ONT being installed and whether or not the account is residential or business. Verizon is trying to fully implement the power adapter which is an AC only device then if the customer wants a power reserve unit it is the drop shipped to the customer. It uses 12 D cell batteries which the customer must purchase after the initial batteries go dead. It plugs into a jack on the side of the power adapter. You can read it on the following page. http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/troubleshooting/connection+issues/q...

View solution in original post

Alchemist2

When I try to deal with customer services it is always about adding more services, never baout resolving  issues. I Thin k that I should just opt out or file a  complaint with Federal Government.  \Clearly you have no interest in legitimate custometr issues.{edited for privacy} a FIOS client who wiull almost cwertainly go elsewhere.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The answer is that it depends on the ONT being installed and whether or not the account is residential or business. Verizon is trying to fully implement the power adapter which is an AC only device then if the customer wants a power reserve unit it is the drop shipped to the customer. It uses 12 D cell batteries which the customer must purchase after the initial batteries go dead. It plugs into a jack on the side of the power adapter. You can read it on the following page. http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/troubleshooting/connection+issues/q...