Re: Cutting the Cord proper setup using my own router and existing Coax wiring
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need someone local.  I can't make specific recommendations.

Look for a home theater installer, electrician, contractor or handyman.  Ask your friends for references.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Asking an electrician to run the wires probably is more expensive than buying gigabit MoCA gears (actually 4K streaming renders WCB3000N to be fine to use). Considering the OP requires four or five Ethernet drops, the pricing may be exorbitant. 

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Costs for skilled labor vary dramatically.  Electricians are probably on the higher end of the cost spectrum, but that's why I gave the op several ideas of what type of contractor to look for.  It all depends on who is available in the OP's local area, what they charge, what their experience and warranties are, and how the OP wants to spend their money.

The OP may decide that buying a bunch of MoCA adapters makes more sense for them than hiring a contractor.   Heck, the OP could even decide to learn how to run Ethernet themselves (it's not too hard.) Now they know what to investigate to solve their specific issue.

Bob27nli1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really appreciate both of you and your responses.  I still will need someone to run the Ethernet wires. I am working on that now. 

I’ll let both of you know how it turns out.