D-Link DCS 930L Camera Connection
Kdog8

I have a D-Link DCS-930L Camera that I am trying to hook up to my Verizon Fios Internet Wireless router. Can this be done? I can hook it up with the Ethernet Cable Connection, but I cannot get it hooked up wirelessly. Any help with establishing a Wireless connection? Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: D-Link DCS 930L Camera Connection
Darthyoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes you can I have the 4 D-Link 932L, 1 D-Link 930L, and a Foscam FI8910W. For the Dlink connect the Ethernet Cable to your Router, and Cam, then power up your cam. Then put the disc that cam with your cam in your computer, and follow what it tells you to do. If everything works out correct you will get to a part that asks you if you want to go Wireless or Wired, select Wireless. It will then tell you to disconnect the Ethernet cable from the back of you camera. If your picture is still moving you are now wireless, and you can plug your cam anyplace you need it. If you need a fresh start just use a paper clip, and push in the reset button on the back of your cam for about 6sec, this will rest it to your factory defaults.

0 Likes
Kdog8

I have done this, with the exception of the rest to factor settings.. I will do that now and try it, but the last several times I re-did this I lost total connection to the camera...

0 Likes
Kdog8

Did that and after I unhook the ethernet cable, I get a green light on the Camera, but the Setup wizard says..."Could Not reach the mydlink server. Click Retry to try again, or click close to skip the mydlink registration process."? This is where I believe the problem, is and for some reason it is not connecting. 

0 Likes
Kdog8

Does it matter that I have a MAC OS X 10.6.8 operating system?

0 Likes
Darthyoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

If your cam is showing a green light on the front, and you already have a My Dlink account you are good to go. Type http://192.168.1.1 into your browser, and if you know your router username/pass you can manage your cam from there. If you don't have the router log info it's usually admin/password (make sure you change that if that's it) When you click  Access Device under the DCS-932L just enter your D-Link user/Pass to log into your cam. If you going to use an app to view you cam you just need your IP Address, and you D-Link log info. 

prisaz
Legend

@Kdog wrote:

I have a D-Link DCS-930L Camera that I am trying to hook up to my Verizon Fios Internet Wireless router. Can this be done? I can hook it up with the Ethernet Cable Connection, but I cannot get it hooked up wirelessly. Any help with establishing a Wireless connection? Thank you.

I just noticed you have a MAC. If the software does not support a MAC OS, then logging in to the camera's default ethernet address to 192.196.0.20 may be the answer to manually configure the camera's wireless. I would need to go back and see if the disc is OS compatible..

WPS button may not work for configuration on the Verizon router with your camera.

See page 19 for the configuration menu.

See page 25 for the Wireless.

When connected to your camera over ethernet with the configuration software, or directly to the camera menu, it should allow you to configure the wireless connection.

Select Infrastructure for your wireless on the Camera. Find your router in the list and configure it for the Type of connection your Verizon wireless router is set up to use. WEP for older and less secure defaults. Use at the Minimum WAP or better WAP2. If the Verizon router is configured for WEP, I would suggest logging into the router and increasing the security settings. It depends on the type of Actiontec or wireless access point your network is using. You will need to select the SSID and enter the password for your router. Then the wireless on the camera should be able to connect to the router. See page 25

http://www.dlink.com/us/en/support/product/-/media/Consumer_Products/DCS/DCS%20930L/Manual/DCS%20930...

After your camera is able to connect to the router, I would set the address in the router's DHCP address distribution list so the camera always gets the same fixed IP address, and this will be asigned based on the camera's hardware MAC address.

That setting can be found in the Verizon Router's Advanced settings under IP address distribution, Connection List. Locate your camera in that list, and to the right you will see three icons select the middle icon for edit, then place a check mark, on the Static Lease Type and Click Apply. Now your camera will always get the same local address on your network.

Note you may see the camera twice in the list. Once as a hardwire connection and once as a wireless connection. Both connection types should have different MAC addresses. This is if you have the ethernet and wireless both connected. May happen during the configuration, with the hardwired connection.

Now since your camera should always get the same internal local network address, you should be able to port forward from the outside to your camera on the inside of your network. You can use the cloud server from D-Link as shown in the manual, or configure a service such as http://dyn.com/dns/

Overall the starting point was or is to get your wireless camera to connect to the router with the use of the infrastucture network connection, with your routers SSID and security key.

Post a follow up if you are not able to get this working. I read the manual from D-link, and it should work without the

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

'WPS button may not work for configuration on the Verizon router with your camera.'

WPS is disabled in all the FiOS routers AFAIK.

Go to www.verizon.com/repair to get and locate your wifi settings

0 Likes
cer1231

Can you explain how you got the Foscam to work?  Mine works with the Ethernet cable but will not obtain the wireless signal. 

0 Likes
3huntinghistory

I am glad I came across your post.  Knowing that the WPS button on the Fios router is diabled solved my problem.  Question for another day: why is it there if it is diabled?  Thanks again for the solution.

0 Likes