DHCP Failed on Modem
ajay05

As of 12:37pm yesterday my modem cannot connect and get an IP address. I know the hardware in the house is not a problem and the lights on the outside box (customer panel) show no data connection.

0 Likes
Re: DHCP Failed on Modem
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

If your ONT shows no data connection you could disconnect it from the power source, reconnect it, and see if rebooting helpts, but my guess is that won't help.  You need to call Verizon tech support and get them to look into your problem.

0 Likes
ajay05

I will call support. I did you suggestion yesterday when I saw there was no light on the customer access panel.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ajay05 wrote:

As of 12:37pm yesterday my modem cannot connect and get an IP address. I know the hardware in the house is not a problem and the lights on the outside box (customer panel) show no data connection.

You have a router NOT a modem.

Your dhcp service has NOT failed - the dhcp server on your router gives IP addresses to the internal devices in your house.

What has failed apparently is your ONT on the fiber line coming to the ONT or the coax line or splitter between the ONT and the router.

As the previous poster said, power the ont off and on and if it still shows no data then contact tech support

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Does your router have a green or amber internet light?

0 Likes