Switch Account

DHCP Failed on Modem

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

DHCP Failed on Modem

Message 1 of 5
(1,295 Views)

As of 12:37pm yesterday my modem cannot connect and get an IP address. I know the hardware in the house is not a problem and the lights on the outside box (customer panel) show no data connection.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: DHCP Failed on Modem

Message 2 of 5
(1,293 Views)

If your ONT shows no data connection you could disconnect it from the power source, reconnect it, and see if rebooting helpts, but my guess is that won't help.  You need to call Verizon tech support and get them to look into your problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(1,279 Views)

I will call support. I did you suggestion yesterday when I saw there was no light on the customer access panel.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 5
(1,278 Views)

@ajay05 wrote:

As of 12:37pm yesterday my modem cannot connect and get an IP address. I know the hardware in the house is not a problem and the lights on the outside box (customer panel) show no data connection.

You have a router NOT a modem.

Your dhcp service has NOT failed - the dhcp server on your router gives IP addresses to the internal devices in your house.

What has failed apparently is your ONT on the fiber line coming to the ONT or the coax line or splitter between the ONT and the router.

As the previous poster said, power the ont off and on and if it still shows no data then contact tech support

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(1,248 Views)

Does your router have a green or amber internet light?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.