DHCP isn't working for my LAN with Actiontec MI424WR
Nohn

I'm unable to get my Actiontec router to assign any IP addresses via DHCP. This has never been a problem in the past because I've always been able to assign a static IP to the devices on my network. However, I recently got a Roku box that requires DHCP, and now I have to solve this problem.

DHCP is on. It's assigned the range of 192.168.1.110 to 192.168.1.150. Machines that are set to obtain their IP automatically make a connection to the router, they're never given an IP address. Tried with multiple devices with the same result on all of 'em--it sits and waits, then times out and assigns itself a 169.x.x.x IP. To my knowledge, this particular router has never wanted to work with DHCP, it's just never been a problem up until now.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

0 Likes
Re: DHCP isn't working for my LAN with Actiontec MI424WR
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
Press in and hold for at least 15 full seconds the reset hole on the back of the router.  This will reset the router to its default settings.  This will put the router into the desired position to have dhcp work.   If you are changing any default settings inside the router, you may be on your own as to a fix.   If that does not work, either your router is defective or your connection to the router from the verizon equipment is defective (or not connected) or some part of the verizon networking equipment needs to be looked at by a FiOS tech.  call 1-888-553-1555, confirm your account telephone number, and then press zero once after any questions or direction to make a choice until you are transferred to Tech Support (3 times).
Re: DHCP isn't working for my LAN with Actiontec MI424WR
Nohn

Thanks -- resetting the router worked. It looks like I set the DHCP range from 100 to 150 when I first set up the router, and it didn't like that. After resetting the router, the range was from 2 to 254, and I reduced that from 2 to 10 and everything works fine.

Your help was much appreciated!

Bryan

0 Likes