Re: DLNA Not working on MI424WR (Rev. I)/IOS 4.19.36 Petition
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not a fix.  You obviously dont have this router, but this particular version does not even have the IGMP Proxy link.

0 Likes
Cyrix
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of Course it is a FIX!!! Just not for YOUR version!  Not everyone reading this post knows or cares about the version number.  They probably have a MI424WR Rev. 1 router like I do and are experiencing new media server DLNA problems that were not there before. They will be glad I posted this umm  non-fix! 

Stream on!

Cyrix

Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, you may not have paid attention to the heading of the thread, it clearly specifies the version of the router and the firmware we are talking about.  The IGMP Proxy option is NOT a solution for teh router verison being discussed in this thread.

0 Likes
java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

This thread is for Revision I of the Router, and I'm pretty sure that all who posted here know what their version is and what problems they have. None of the tweaks on revision I rectify the issue. 

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does anyone know when 4.19.36 was pushed to the Rev I routers?

About a month or so ago, I was frustrated enough with the iTunes home sharing issue and the inability for a WiFi scanner to send scans to my computer that I finally tracked down the culprit.  After hours of tweaks to the router and my computer network settings, I finally find the "IGMP Proxy" fix on another VZ forum.  Yesterday, I was back on my router checking some other settings and I discovered that the IGMP Proxy option is gone!

A check of the router status shows it had restarted about December 10th.  The log cut off on the 11th, so I have no record of a firmware push.

The good news is iTunes and my scanner still work; so either my old setting stayed active or it was "fixed."  Judging from this thread, I suspect the former.

I'm not exactly thrilled that a firmware push occurred without my knowledge.  I like to be able to test both old and new to make sure nothing breaks.

Just another annoyed Verzion FiOS subscriber.

onechionly
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm another annoyed Fios customer.

This petition is signed!

Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

All,

I can understand your frustration and I apologize for any inconviences this has caused you. We would like to take the opportunity to investigate this further.  Please let me know the model and firmware router that you currently have via PM.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

java_man
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shamika,

The model, revision and firmware version is the subject of this thread, but just in case I'll post it here for you:

Router Status

Firmware Version: 40.19.36
Model Name: MI424WR-GEN3I
Hardware Version: I
Serial Number: {Edited for privacy}
Columbiaman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Shamika the heading of the thread gives you all the info you need wrt to the router version and the firmware.

0 Likes
aforty
Enthusiast - Level 2

For what it's worth, I chatted with a support rep on twitter today and he said they were aware of the issue on a high level and they had a call with Actiontec today. No ETA on a fix but at least it's on their radar.

0 Likes