DLNA with WiFi and the Actiontech router - No Go
KrsL6

I'm trying to create a DLNA for home so I can stream my videos from my computer over the WiFi to my PS3, Xbox360, and WiFI Vizio TV, and mobile devices. The problem is I can't get the server (using Universal Media Server) to find any devices. I've spent the past couple days browsing the forums and trying to find a solution, but so far nothing has worked. A lot of people have said disabling IGMP will fix the issue, but so far that alone hasn't resolved the problem. I did find another forum where someone mentioned disabling DHCP in the router, and when I did that I instantly saw my PS3 pop up as a renderer. It appears the problem is because my PC is connected directly to the router (MI424WR Actiontech), while my PS3 is connected over the wireless (downstairs). The connection from the ONT is MoCa and not ethernet. Since it appears the issue is with the wireless and DHCP from the Actiontech, I was considering purchasing another router and setting up a transparent bridge between the Actiontech and a Cisco/Linksys EA4500, but it appears Verizon nor Actiontech don't support it. Does anybody have any solutions to get this to work? If it's possible without using the Cisco, I'd prefer that, but anything at this point would be great. If you need more details I'll gladly provide them.

Thank you,

Lee

0 Likes
Re: DLNA with WiFi and the Actiontech router - No Go
LokiDucks

Hi!

Having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a soultion??

Thanks!

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

This sure sounds like the IGMP proxy problem.  If you have a 802.11n router (rev I), the IGMP proxy settings are hidden.  If you didn't find the magic URL to un-hide the settings, you may not have actually turned IGMP off.  Here's the magic:

http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059&req_mode=0&mimic_button_field=goto%3a+6059..&strip_pag...

You need to be logged into your router for this to work.

If you have indeed turned off IGMP proxy, I'm at a loss.

Good Luck

0 Likes
KrsL6

I didn't find a solution with the actual Verizon router. I ended up turning off the wireless broadcast and set up a bridge with a Cisco router as an AP, which handles all my wireless. I haven't had any issues since. 

0 Likes