DMZ on Verizon Router
dilimahome

I have a need to run a Point-to-Point VPN from my work office to my Home Office. For that I’ve enabled DMZ on Verizon Router and point it to my internal NETGEAR Firewall. Then I assigned DDNS Name to my Firewall and created VPN link to my work office firewall. Everything worked like a charm. However, in couple days after that I’ve lost On-Demand option and later whole Chanel Guide. When I call Verizon Support, tech who run diagnostics, told me that my wiring is bad (!). However, when I removed my firewall and reset the router to Factory Default, my Chanel Guide magically reappeared along with On-Demand. Is anybody has an answer for that? Verizon, looks like, does not have a clue.

My Router:  MI424WR-GEN2 Firmware: 20.19.8

0 Likes
Re: DMZ on Verizon Router
Robrowe

Exactly what settings did you change in the Actiontec? You also have to be careful about IPs not being redundant.

0 Likes
dilimahome

I connected my NETGEAR Firewall WAN Interface directly to the FiOS Router and my LAN Switch to the firewall LAN Interface. I assigned 172.16.X.1 for my FiOS Router LAN address and 172.16.X.2 for my firewall. Also, I left my internal LAN unchanged and assign default gateway Address to my firewall’s LAN Interface. Then I enabled DMZ on the router and point it to 172.16.X.2.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@dilimahome wrote:

I connected my NETGEAR Firewall WAN Interface directly to the FiOS Router and my LAN Switch to the firewall LAN Interface. I assigned 172.16.X.1 for my FiOS Router LAN address and 172.16.X.2 for my firewall. Also, I left my internal LAN unchanged and assign default gateway Address to my firewall’s LAN Interface. Then I enabled DMZ on the router and point it to 172.16.X.2. 

Did you disable the DHCP server on the Netgear?

In a LAN-to-LAN configuration, you can't have both DHCP servers active.

0 Likes
joel826

The DVRs/TV boxes have IP addresses.  Make sure they aren't behind your firewall.

0 Likes