DVR & Re Routing problem

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: DVR & Re Routing problem

Message 11 of 11
(2,381 Views)

@wrkrbeeee wrote:

I realize that port forwarding should work for my DVR ...it doesn't. 

As I stated, I can only access my DVR from outside the network when I place it in the DMZ. Yes, I called tech support for both the DVR and Verizon. DVR mfg ensured I had correct ports open.

I would like port forwarding to work, as well as the option to have outgoing traffic from one IP, a list of IP's, or one host name redirected to a different IP. 

I would also like port forwarding to work properly.

Oh, and QooS adjustments would be nice as well.  Right now my router has the main route set to medium service...with no place readily available to modify it.  WTF is that!

OK,  what exactly is your network setup to get to the dvr?  Is it on the same segment as the Westell or is it on the netgear segment which is attached to the Westell segment as a different subnet?  IP address of the devices?

How about a picture of your port forwarding rule - Print screen it, paste it into paint, save it as a .jpg and add it as an attachment at the bottom of the reply.

as well as the option to have outgoing traffic from one IP, a list of IP's, or one host name redirected to a different IP. 

You'll need to clarify this a little more as I don't quite understand what you're asking for.  If it's to redirect an inbound port to a different port inside the network then it can be done. 

You can modify the QoS but maybe you'd like to wait on that till you've resolved the main issue.   To do it you login to the router as admin and select the advanced tab and then Quality of Service in the first box.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.