Daily Internet Speed Slowdown
Turtleroar

So I'm at the end of my rope this week. I've called Verizon 3 times already, had an online tech support, and a tech come out to my house in the past 4 days. Same problem. I'm wired to my router and its about 5 feet across the room. The tech checked the router and said it was fine. The ONT/black box was replaced in my home to see if that fixed it. It did not. Whenever the support inevitably resets the ONT/releases my IP address, it works for about 8 hours.

I'm supposed to have 100/100 but EVERY night starting at 6pm EST my internet speed drops to a measly 10-20 MB/S. Bad enough to where streaming a Netflix/HBO episode creates constant buffering. I've restarted my router several times. I've dedicated at least 8 hours to this issue with techs on the phone/online/in person this week alone. I'm not sure what else I can try. The router is new, the ONT is new, the wiring is new (I just moved here and watched them install everything.)

For example: Today my ping is 115 ms, download speed is 15.16 mb/s, and my upload speed is at 42.42 mb/s. This is about a weeklong problem at this point.

0 Likes
Re: Daily Internet Speed Slowdown
jonjones1
Legend

Well it seems everything was done except to have the engineer at Fios look into the correct provisioning.

be persistent in having this done.

on the brighter side you can for that speed simply go to cable internet which in some areas reach 300/10 or 100/5 or 60/2 which is fast enough for your Netflix viewing.

you may also contact your state utilities commission if this is not corrected.

Good Luck

0 Likes
joe-nyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

either someone nearby is stealing your wifi,

or the fios pon to your home is over subscribed.

I would talk to neighbors who are likely to be on the same pon

sufferring the same prime time congestion,

then encourage them to all complain weekly about it till verizon

increases the bandwidth capacity to your area.

you should be getting 80% of the speed you pay for,

even during prime time.  if you are not, you have a valid beef.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Turtleroar,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes