Switch Account

Default password for the FIOS router

Default password for the FIOS router

Contributor beezl
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(620,151 Views)
So I checked my paperwork they gave me on installation and I can't find the default password or configured password for the router. Is there a default or do I have to call verizon support. I tried blanks, 'password', 'admin' with no luck...
4 REPLIES 4
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 2 of 5
(618,708 Views)

See this thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=FiOS_Internet&thread.id=14
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 5
(619,161 Views)
Type 192.168.1.1 from your browser and enter admin/password or admin/password1. Some techs use admin/admin.
Contributor beezl
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(618,722 Views)

I have tried admin/admin admin/password admin/  admin/password1 all fail.

When I type the password the 'dots' printed to not match the typing I am doing. I can't cut and paste the password either...  

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 5 of 5
(618,745 Views)
Do not pay attention to the dots, that is a security feature so that some one can not shoulder surf and guess the amount of letters in your password. If they all failed hold the reset in on the back of the router for 15 seconds. When the router lights turn green again the default will be admin/password.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.