Default router and password not working Actiontec M1424WR1 on phone now waiting....
Hersheykiss1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anybody know why I can't log on????  I reset router to make sure the username and password are the default but its still not recognizing it!

0 Likes
Re: Default router and password not working Actiontec M1424WR1 on phone now waiting....
Hubrisnxs
Legend

factory reset lets you create a password.

So if you held reset for 20 seconds, then you may want to hold it longer.

normally 20 seconds is fine.

0 Likes
Re: Default router and password not working Actiontec M1424WR1 on phone now waiting....
XDM45guy
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you got a used router the previous owner may have changed the  password, try resetting the router and this will take it

back to defaults .

It's a little pin hole that you depress and hold for about 15 seconds.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Different model routers and different versions of the firmware reset to different things.

Id is reset to "admin" or not set at all.  If not set you will be asked to set id and password.

Password is set

• to no value but you asked to enter it
  • or password is set to the value printed on the sticker
  • or password is set to "password",
  • or password is set to the serial number of the router
0 Likes
Hersheykiss1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After 32 minutes on hold, I hung up with Verizon.  I held the reset button for 20 seconds and it never prompted me to change a password.  My Xbox memory unit is now restored to near full capacity (which was a problem) so I'm hoping that this reset did something good.  To be continued tonight....and them I'm on to shopping for my own router!

I will update tomorrow. 

0 Likes