Delete Personal Web Space from mysite.verizon.net?
NikD1

I had previously set up personal web space at mysite.verizon.net. My pages are still there. Since personal web space has been decomissioned, I can no longer update my web space. So I want to delete it. I found a page which describes how to do that but the instructions don't match what I see on the referenced page.

This is the page with instructions.

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/general+support/essentials+and+extr...

I click on the link in the first step. The second step says "Click - Security & Free Tools/Manage". I can't find that anywhere on the page.

How can I delete my webspace?

If it makes any difference, I am currently on FIOS but when I set up the webspace I was on whatever older service they had.

0 Likes
Re: Delete Personal Web Space from mysite.verizon.net?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

This might help. 

Please let us know if the fix is still valid there, and if it helped you.

0 Likes
NikD1

Thanks, but I'm not sure which of the posts in that thread is your suggested solution? Can you point me to a particular post?

If you're suggesting using SiteBuilder, I am unable to log in to it. I have tried both my verizon.net and verizon.com username/password. Neither works.

This is where I am trying to log in to SiteBuilder: https://sitecontrol.domains.verizon.net/

BTW, I never used SiteBuilder to create my web space. I created it locally and uploaded with ftp back in the day when Verizon still allowed ftp.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, I was talking about the OP

We understand that there has been some confusion regarding files that had been created via the FTP process and which have not been accessible on the Personal Web Space server since August 21, 2011.  If you still have FTP created files residing on your Personal Webspace that you need to have deleted off the Personal Webspace server, please contact the HSI or FiOS tech support by calling 1-800-Verizon.  These files then need to be manually removed by our server team.  You will not be able to edit or remove FTP created files via the SiteBuilder tool; however, files created via SiteBuilder are not impacted by this change and you can continue to edit and delete those files within SiteBuilder.

0 Likes
NikD1

Thanks, I will try calling them. I didn't realize that the OP was from a Verizon admin.

0 Likes
NikD1

The question is probably moot now since all personal webspace on mysite.verizon.com is scheduled to be deleted four days from now. But I'll provide the details below just for the heck of it.

So I called the number on given in that other thread. That's now a sales number and the service number currently is 800-837-4966. Going through their phone menu I eventually talked to a human. He was able to direct me to the correct page on their website to request the delete. The delete procedure didn't work for me but here are the current instructions anyway.

1. Go to www.verizon.com/myverizon. You should land on the My Verizon residential services page.
  2. Click on the 'Accounts & Services' box/link you see near the top. There's also a link at the bottom of the page.
  3. On the Accounts & Serices page, scroll down a little to the 'My Services' section. In there should be a 'FIOS Internat' section. In that section should be a 'Manage Internet' button. Click that.
  4. On the Internet Management page you should see a 'Security & Free Tools' section with a 'Manage' button. Click that 'Manage' button.
  5. That should have brought up three buttons, one of which is 'Personal Web Space'. Click that one.
  6. That'll bring up a 'Delete My Personal Web Space' button. Press that and a little confirmation dialog will come up.

All that being said, that didn't work for me. I just got a small error message telling me it couldn't delete my web space. Hopfully it'll be gone in a few days anyway.

You might also try this link to go directly to the Internet Management page. That bypasses the first 3 steps above.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
That's great information. Thanks for sharing!
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again moot, but that option only deleted what you put up with there tool.  If you built your own pages and put them up with FTP, those pages would remain.  The only option used to be get them  to contact the group that handled Personal Web space to manually delete it for you.

At this point they will soon be gone any way.

0 Likes