Switch Account

Dell v520 Series wireless printer will not connect to WPA2 Gen 3 router

Dell v520 Series wireless printer will not connect to WPA2 Gen 3 router

Contributor pcb1957
Contributor

I tried reseting both the printer to factory settings and the router. Before I upgraded to Quantum TV, the wireles printer worked fine. After the new router was installed, it will not connecto to the router no matter what I have tried. I unloaded the software, devices, reloaded the newest sodtware...nothing. ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THIS ISSUE AND KNOW HOW TO FIX IT?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

@pcb1957 wrote:

I tried reseting both the printer to factory settings and the router. Before I upgraded to Quantum TV, the wireles printer worked fine. After the new router was installed, it will not connecto to the router no matter what I have tried. I unloaded the software, devices, reloaded the newest sodtware...nothing. ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE THIS ISSUE AND KNOW HOW TO FIX IT?

Did you reconfigure the printer to sign on to the new router's SSID??

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Make sure you are using WPA2 security on the printer and router.  Most older verizon routers defaulted to WEP security.  Also possible you need to disable IGMP Proxy, hidden on this router.

Logon to router

use jump http://192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059 to get to hidden IGMP Proxy page.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.