Devices can no longer use WiFi to connect to Internet after starting Home Network Protection
moody6086
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had some of my family's mobile devices managed so that they could only use Wi-Fi between certain times.  I was recently prompted by Verizon to upgrade to Home Network Protection, and be able to use the Fios app to manage my internet.  I thought, sure.  But, after doing so, some mobile devices that were previously able to use Wi-Fi for internet access, no longer could. 

The mobile devices can still connect to Wi-Fi, but they can't access the Internet.  I've reset network settings on the devices, reset my router, and removed all schedules through Manage Devices, but still the same issue.  Anyone else having the same problem and have a fix?  I'm sure the change to use "Home Network Protection" caused the issue, but not sure how to fix.

0 Likes
Re: Devices can no longer use WiFi to connect to Internet after starting Home Network Protection
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately McAfee is intrusive and no better than Norton Symantec when it comes to messing up your system.

i would try to remove the home protection either call Verizon or McAfee support. Nothing is worth the trouble it will cause you.

1) what you can do it reset your router back to factory. Press in the little button on the back and count to 20 then release it. You will need the original login credentials as from day one.

2) You can access from a computer 192.168.1.1 and see if you can turn the home essentials off. Try this prior to the reset.

3) Have Verizon or McAfee instruct you on how to remove the offending program.

4) I would do a google search on the program and how to remove it completely.

use option 1 as the last resort.

Re: Devices can no longer use WiFi to connect to Internet after starting Home Network Protection
NotGuest

I had a similar issue yesterday.  I worked with customer support over the phone, and the rep pinged the router, tweeked some stuff, and all of it works now.  

0 Likes
DRT115
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Verizon by Chat yesterday and they told me they know there is a issue with McAfee Network system messing up a router setting. They told me to contact McAfee to get them to help me. I am ready to just remove it and not use it at all. I have to reconnnted my wifi devices all most every day. Its get a little old.

0 Likes
Gwilson68

Yes, having this issue now. So upset that I've wasted so much time trying to reconnect, and on the phone with customer service. Will call McAfee today. SMH

0 Likes