Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Devices randomly losing internet connectivity

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Devices randomly losing internet connectivity

Message 1 of 1
(351 Views)

So for the past 2-3 weeks, I've been having problems with devices losing internet access, both my main PC which is hardwire connected to the router as well as a netbook and iPad that are on wireless. One will lose it's internet, but others will be fine. Most of the time I have to disable the wireless, re-enable, and it will come back. With the wired connection, usually I can unplug, wait a few seconds and plug back in, but other times it requires a reboot of the device. Have tried rebooting the router with no success. The router is connected to the ONT via cat5, and I don't have TV, just phone and internet. Is my router dying? Anything to check in particular? It seems to be pretty random when it does happen, and as I said, it's both via wireless and via wired. They always show connection to the router, just not internet.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Craig

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.