Did I get best package...some suggestions please.
vcsi64

Hi all,

I just got the Triple Package (35/35, Ultimate with Movies Pack, Freedom Essentials) but think I let myself be upsold by the rep.

While I'm still in my trial period I'm wondering if I got the best package, specifically if I can lower the future bills.

All I wanted was 15/2 Internet, Prime with Movies/HBO/Cinemax and Regional Essentials (no long distance).

But the rep said what I got was actually the cheapest and best for what I wanted, since I'm in NYC area and HBO/Cinemax is supposedly included in Ultimate.

She wasn't too familiar with Regional Essentials and was pushing Freedom Essentials instead. I don't call LD and have a calling card for the one or two times a year I do call long distance.

Is that true? Do you think I could lower my bills by going to something simpler? Is there a package like I originally wanted for less $$$? What I got just seems too much stuff for me. But maybe bundling gives me a cheaper discount in the end.

I had Message Rate Service (since 1981) and 3M DSL and was happy with it, but it's tough to turn down progress.

Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate it.

vcsi64

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Did I get best package...some suggestions please.
prisaz
Legend

@vcsi64 wrote:

Thanks prisaz for responding. I guess i should of said "smartest for me" instead of just general 'best package".

Is it true that HBO/Cinemax is included in Ultimate in NYC area? I got Ultimate plus the MoviesPac.

Well I am in Washington DC Metro area and we get the Showtime and Movie Channels, $10 more for the rest of the movies package that includes the Encore and Stars channels.

Go here and enter you zipcode for the channels included in your area.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/

Do you know if it's cheaper that way or cheaper to get Prime and add the Movie/HBO/Cinemax pac?

Prime leaves out some of the channels. Overall I would say seperate anything and it will cost more.

Sorry for all the questions but every answer I get brings up two more...but I know it'll get better.

Oh yea, one more...Is it easy to change package stuff, at least in the beginning, or does that open up a can of worms?

I think any time you change the bundles you are opening a can of worms with the billing, costs, and prorated issues. I am not sure what the policy is regarding bundle changes when first subscribing. I remember 14 days and then I remember 30. Not sure. Perhaps someone else could join in here.

BTW, I just went from Vz Regional, DSL and DirecTV too...DTV must be losing lots of customers with Fios.

Thanks again for all the answers. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Well Ultimate is the best package. The standard for Fios is the Freedom Essentials which just happens to include long distance. I have not seen or heard of anything else being offered with a FiOS. I have been a FiOS customer since 2005. I was where you are at now. I had 1.5 DSL, the Regional package, and Directv. Costs were about $210 with the options I had from DTV. I purchased the FiOS internet with the Phone because TV was not out yet. But when It was, I signed up for the bundle with all three, and started saving about $50 per month. Current bill is $161  with taxes, Ultimate, Movies, 2 SD STB, 1 digital adaptor, and one cablecard. My costs will go up next year because I only have a one year discount.

A lower speed can be bundled, but depending on what TV you are looking for, it may be cheaper to just go with the Ultimate Bundle than separate items. But the decision is up to you to get a smaller bundle. Remember they are in sales. You must decide on what programming you want, and what speed you will be happy with. Make the decision and stick to your guns. Say this is what I want and that is that. They are always willing to sell you an upgrade, but as a new FiOS customer you are offered the best deal.

0 Likes
vcsi64

Thanks prisaz for responding. I guess i should of said "smartest for me" instead of just general 'best package".

Is it true that HBO/Cinemax is included in Ultimate in NYC area? I got Ultimate plus the MoviesPac.

Do you know if it's cheaper that way or cheaper to get Prime and add the Movie/HBO/Cinemax pac?

Sorry for all the questions but every answer I get brings up two more...but I know it'll get better.

Oh yea, one more...Is it easy to change package stuff, at least in the beginning, or does that open up a can of worms?

BTW, I just went from Vz Regional, DSL and DirecTV too...DTV must be losing lots of customers with Fios.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@vcsi64 wrote:

Well I am in Washington DC Metro area and we get the Showtime and Movie Channels, $10 more for the rest of the movies package that includes the Encore and Stars channels.

Go here and enter you zipcode for the channels included in your area.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Channels/

Prime leaves out some of the channels. Overall I would say seperate anything and it will cost more.

I think any time you change the bundles you are opening a can of worms with the billing, costs, and prorated issues. I am not sure what the policy is regarding bundle changes when first subscribing. I remember 14 days and then I remember 30. Not sure. Perhaps someone else could join in here.

0 Likes