Did I just make a major mistake?
kkrfamily

I have been a Comcast customer forever, but they just raised my bill alot.  I switeched to Fios and am PAYING for better internet, and find out it is so horrible.  The connection, forever.  I was better off paying for the extra at comcast since paying for better internet with FIOS is a joke.  SO DISAPPOINTED.

0 Likes
Re: Did I just make a major mistake?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

FiOS Internet works very well for most customers.  If you post some details of your issue, perhaps we can help you figure out what is going on.

If you provide more details, tell us if the issue occurs when using WiFi, Ethernet or both.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

If you live on the East Coast, yes you did.  FIOS has had major issues with their network there for months.

Texas and some places in the Midwest also have issues.  You really want to check dslreports when switching ISPs to see what is going on before you ull the trigger.

There is a 27 page thread on dslreports from unhappy customers with speed issues.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I live on the east coast.  I am quite happy with FiOS.  I get 75+/75+ all day and all night long.

Enjoy.

0 Likes
Kenney777
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to just a be a problem with one or more of their nodes so not everyone is affected. The real issue is that they refuse to admit it is an outage as thats the only way they will credit people's accounts. So instead they will run you through all their scripts and send you new routers, technicians at times when you aren't experiencing the problem, and lie to you about someone calling you back when they never do. I have speeds at night been fine up until last weekend. So it has been good and if they ever fix this slow download speed at peak times then you will have made the right choice. I've had comcast in other areas and they are just as bad so it really doesn't matter who you choose. Just know that when both are optimal, Fios is faster, but their customer support is just as bad if not worse.