Different IP Address
__sba__

When I Google ` What's my ip` in Google I see an IP Address. This matches the IP Address I see on my WiFi.

However when I go to Google Account -> Security -> Devices -> Show IP Address. I see that my Google Account is being accessed by a different IP Address. This IP Address also belongs to Verizon.

Does Verizon manipulate the HTTP headers coming from my machine to make it look like it comes from a different server? If so, why would they do that? OR Is this a Man In the Middle Attack?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Different IP Address
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is fine if the IP Address is not always the same IP Address, as you do not have a Static Public IP Address. But other than that, all computers should be coming from the same IP Address.

As how to fix that, while I do not know for sure what equipment you have over there or what is going over there.

#1 I give to you an example (and an educated guess at that) of a troubleshooting step that you could take if you had Android on the Samsung Galaxy A10e/A20.

a) Go to Settings -> Connections -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced.

b) The setting that says Switch to mobile data (use mobile data whenever your Wi-Fi internet connection is slow or unstable), set that to Off.

#2 Also for testing reasons, disable/(stop connecting via) your outside VPN.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mine matches.

Are they both public addresses?

__sba__

Yes, they are.

Edit: It's the same for me too now. It was different for a week or so before I made my original post. I think something has changed since I posted this. Will keep an eye on it though.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is fine if the IP Address is not always the same IP Address, as you do not have a Static Public IP Address. But other than that, all computers should be coming from the same IP Address.

As how to fix that, while I do not know for sure what equipment you have over there or what is going over there.

#1 I give to you an example (and an educated guess at that) of a troubleshooting step that you could take if you had Android on the Samsung Galaxy A10e/A20.

a) Go to Settings -> Connections -> Wi-Fi -> Advanced.

b) The setting that says Switch to mobile data (use mobile data whenever your Wi-Fi internet connection is slow or unstable), set that to Off.

#2 Also for testing reasons, disable/(stop connecting via) your outside VPN.