Directions to Open Tellabs Battery Backup Unit?
Kodrei

My ONT won't stay powered after a recent power outage. The backup battery has needed to be replaced for a while now, but that hasn't affected my service. I've done some research, and I believe I need to disconnect and/or replace my backup battery. However, I cannot get the panel open to access the battery.

I'm able to get the bottom left corner open, however, it is sticking at the top, as if there is a screw holding it in place. Unfortunately, because of where it's located, I cannot get a clear view of the top of the box.

I'd appreciate directions on how to get it open and/or a picture of the top of the same model, so I can try to figure out how to open it without breaking the panel.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Here's a picture of the box:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Directions to Open Tellabs Battery Backup Unit?
jonjones1
Legend
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/battery-backup

This link should tell you how to replace it.

PatientUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe the Verizon on-line instructions for accessing the battery in this Tellabs unit are incorrect (although the picture shows the Tellabs unit the actual words duplicate the Emerson instructions).  The  Verizon-installed Tellabs unit (model 0910-0097 REV 1B) is hinged on the RIGHT, and the door opens left to right. With the indicator lights in the top left corner, the door release catch is on the lower left hand side (with minor catches top and bottom). The hard plastic was so difficult to open I suspected there was some screw hidden where I couldn't see it. I thought the door was going to break but with Verizon Tech's on line video encouragement I simply pulled very, very hard and it gave way.  Suggested that Verizon modify their self-help instructions.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes