Disabling SIP ALG on Verizon G3100 router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Disabling SIP ALG on Verizon G3100 router

Message 1 of 2
(1,011 Views)

I am currently working from home using a Polycom phone hooked up via ethernet to a G3100 router. Some calls have not been getting to me and the it guys indicate that it is because SIP ALG is enabled on port 5060 of my router. I read through the manual and look at the router interface and did not see any place where the SIP ALG could be turned off. My questions are:

Can SIP ALG be turned off on the router and if so where?

Can VZ turn off SIP ALG server side?

Can I use port triggering to send the SIP traffic to port 5062 to get around the ALG?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Disabling SIP ALG on Verizon G3100 router

Message 2 of 2
(442 Views)

The option to disable SIP ALG is not currently available on Verizon routers.

If you have a single VOIP phone, you can try to enable the DMZ host from the Firewall section of the G3100 GUI - set the IP to the phone's IP. This solved my VOIP phone problems. Let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Disabling SIP ALG on Verizon G3100 router

Message 2 of 2
(443 Views)

The option to disable SIP ALG is not currently available on Verizon routers.

If you have a single VOIP phone, you can try to enable the DMZ host from the Firewall section of the G3100 GUI - set the IP to the phone's IP. This solved my VOIP phone problems. Let us know if it works.

View solution in original post

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.