Disappointing Service All Around
rcustomer

I have been dealing Verizon for a little over 2 months and, I never thought I would say this, I almost miss Comcast. I have no idea where to file a complaint so I'm doing it here and as I find more places to publicly file complaints, I will. I have had countless issues with Verizon in regards to my internet quality, the customer service, and billing. Allow me to start with the most disappointing (I will not get too into detail):

Customer service: I called to downgrade my service due to not receiving the quality of internet I was paying for. The gentleman on the phone would not honor a price I was told I could downgrade to. So I cancelled my service. At the end of the conversation, I brought up to him that I found it surprising that at no point did he try to verify how poor the quality of my service was in order to offer me a discount or to at least rectify the problem and deliver the quality that I deserved. He never offered a means of compensation or a way to fix the problem to keep me with them. I had to call customer service again today due to continuing billing issues. I know people say this and usually are not being truthful, but I was very polite. At the end of the call, I was given a discount for my final bill (a discount that had been previously granted to me but not applied and the discount the woman applied wasn't even the one I was promised). I genuinely said, "OK. Thank you very much." and SHE HUNG UP ON ME. This is absolutely unacceptable. Many customer service calls are going to be dealing with problems the customer is having. If you don't like it, don't go into customer service. Unacceptable.

Furthermore, please do not think for a second that Verizon will send you a review follow up call if you were dissatisfied. They won't. They only do the follow up call for a review if it went well. I am not making this up. This is tricky and unfair. I would think that as a company you would want to hear about when you are not living up to your potential.

Billing: This is a mess. I won't even get into it. I will say, I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon. It takes up so much time every time you have an issue (which is frequently).

Internet Quality: I was paying for the most expensive internet service. I have one device at home (a tablet). I do not have a TV. I wouldn't even connect my phone to my wifi at home. I do not game. I only use my tablet for Netflix and basic web use. Even with this low use, my quality was poor with pictures being pixelated and frequent pausing. Forget trying to use the service in my room in my ONE BEDROOM apartment. If I had wifi turned on for my phone, I would have to disconnect to be able to use my Whatsapp and just go off of data. This is probably an issue with THEIR router. I get it. Still, no solutions were proposed and no compensation was offered. So sad.

I really hope that someone with Verizon reads this and actually cares.

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing Service All Around
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rcustomer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes