Disconnected FIOS but the power box is making buzzing noise
SuzieAdvie

Hello,

Quite a while ago we left FIOS.  The set top boxes and things were turned in. The unit they installed on to the wall was left behind though.  Now that thing is making a weird buzzing noise constantly.  I need to have it removed from my house.  I fear it may be a fire hazard or something.  Why is it buzzing? How can we get it removed completely? Please advise ASAP. We have reached the point where we are ready to rip it out of the wall ourselves. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disconnected FIOS but the power box is making buzzing noise
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

I wouldn't rip it off as it is the property of Verizon.

Just unplug it. Problem solved

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum.

I wouldn't rip it off as it is the property of Verizon.

Just unplug it. Problem solved

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@SuzieAdvie wrote:

Hello,

Quite a while ago we left FIOS.  The set top boxes and things were turned in. The unit they installed on to the wall was left behind though.  Now that thing is making a weird buzzing noise constantly.  I need to have it removed from my house.  I fear it may be a fire hazard or something.  Why is it buzzing? How can we get it removed completely? Please advise ASAP. We have reached the point where we are ready to rip it out of the wall ourselves. 

Disconnect the power to it.

0 Likes
MercyStreet

I just had FiOS installed and mine is making a similar noise. Very disappointed because they put it in my office. 

I am having a technician come out tomorrow to take a look or move the thing to the basement. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes