Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Discontinue my internet plan ahead of time without paying liquidated damages

Nnthing
Contributor
Contributor

Discontinue my internet plan ahead of time without paying liquidated damages

Message 1 of 2
(783 Views)

I made a Verizon two-year internet plan from last year July. But I want to cancel it this June, so what I should do? Should I pay some liquidated damages, or just ask Verizon to cancel it is enough?

1 REPLY 1
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Discontinue my internet plan ahead of time without paying liquidated damages

Message 2 of 2
(779 Views)

@Nnthing wrote:

I made a Verizon two-year internet plan from last year July. But I want to cancel it this June, so what I should do? Should I pay some liquidated damages, or just ask Verizon to cancel it is enough?

You may have to pay a early termination fee if it was part of your contract.

the amount varies but it is essentially a buy out clause.

if you were not in a contract then no early termination fee would apply. However you still have to return the Verizon equipment in good working order (unless you bought the router) before Verizon will cancel your account. Failure to return their equipment may result in you being charged for the devices which become inactive so as not to be able to use or sell to another.

but yes you can quit at anytime.

Good Luck 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title