quick menu

Discontinuing Fios service prior to end of contract to avoid fees

Discontinuing Fios service prior to end of contract to avoid fees

Highlighted
Contributor ericx
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(1,498 Views)

Hi there. I'm looking to cancel my Verizon service before my contract ends (August 2016). When do I cancel so that I don't be charged an early termination fee? Do I cancel before this, or after the end date? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor II Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 2 of 3
(1,470 Views)

Uh, you don't.  IF after that date of course there is no ETF.  But unless you are moving within your current service area and plan the same service, or were signed up during one of the periods where they said their would be no ETF, you will be charged a prorated ETF fee.

MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(1,443 Views)

You can't cancel before then and not get an ETF as stated above.

If you do want to cancel in August:

To be safe, cancel on or after that date.

Not sure if you can call and cancel your service with a date in the future.

You will probably get contacted a few months before your contract end date offering you a deal to resign for another 2 years.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios