Ditched Fios TV Do I need Quantum Router for Moca
semitech
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using a Quantum router in bridged mode with my own router as primary. I needed the Quantum for the STBs but I ditched the Verizon TV and upgraded to Gigabit. I also use 3 moca adapters around the house to get ethernet in those locations. My question is can I completely ditch the Quantum router and still be able to use the moca adapters and how would I update the connection to my router? I assume I would need another moca adapter connected to my router.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ditched Fios TV Do I need Quantum Router for Moca
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're getting rid the vz router you'll just need a MoCA adapter in it's place. Connect the new MoCA adapter to your router's LAN port and connect the coax from the old vz router. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're getting rid the vz router you'll just need a MoCA adapter in it's place. Connect the new MoCA adapter to your router's LAN port and connect the coax from the old vz router. 

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Quantum Gateway (G1100)'s MoCA 2.0 LAN is capped at 500Mbps. If you want LAN speed higher than that, you need to buy a MoCA adapter in its place. Either ECB5240M or ECB6200/6250 would work. If your existing MoCA adapters do not support at least Bonded MoCA 2.0, you need to "ditch" those as well and buy new ones to achieve 900Mbps+ on LAN.

semitech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks I made the switch to gigabit yesterday but my speed has decreased. It's okay plugged in directly to the router 5-600 Mbps but wifi is down to 50-60 Mbps. I'll have to wait on removing the quantum until VZ can figure this out.  Thanks again.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@semitech wrote:

Thanks I made the switch to gigabit yesterday but my speed has decreased. It's okay plugged in directly to the router 5-600 Mbps but wifi is down to 50-60 Mbps. I'll have to wait on removing the quantum until VZ can figure this out.  Thanks again.

Make sure you are connected to the 5 GHz wifi network on your new router. It like you are connected to 2.4 GHz.