Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Ditched Fios TV Do I need Quantum Router for Moca

SOLVED
semitech
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Ditched Fios TV Do I need Quantum Router for Moca

Message 1 of 5
(812 Views)

I've been using a Quantum router in bridged mode with my own router as primary. I needed the Quantum for the STBs but I ditched the Verizon TV and upgraded to Gigabit. I also use 3 moca adapters around the house to get ethernet in those locations. My question is can I completely ditch the Quantum router and still be able to use the moca adapters and how would I update the connection to my router? I assume I would need another moca adapter connected to my router.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Ditched Fios TV Do I need Quantum Router for Moca

Message 2 of 5
(789 Views)

If you're getting rid the vz router you'll just need a MoCA adapter in it's place. Connect the new MoCA adapter to your router's LAN port and connect the coax from the old vz router. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 5
(790 Views)

If you're getting rid the vz router you'll just need a MoCA adapter in it's place. Connect the new MoCA adapter to your router's LAN port and connect the coax from the old vz router. 

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 5
(749 Views)

Quantum Gateway (G1100)'s MoCA 2.0 LAN is capped at 500Mbps. If you want LAN speed higher than that, you need to buy a MoCA adapter in its place. Either ECB5240M or ECB6200/6250 would work. If your existing MoCA adapters do not support at least Bonded MoCA 2.0, you need to "ditch" those as well and buy new ones to achieve 900Mbps+ on LAN.

semitech
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(729 Views)

Thanks I made the switch to gigabit yesterday but my speed has decreased. It's okay plugged in directly to the router 5-600 Mbps but wifi is down to 50-60 Mbps. I'll have to wait on removing the quantum until VZ can figure this out.  Thanks again.

Edg1
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(665 Views)

@semitech wrote:

Thanks I made the switch to gigabit yesterday but my speed has decreased. It's okay plugged in directly to the router 5-600 Mbps but wifi is down to 50-60 Mbps. I'll have to wait on removing the quantum until VZ can figure this out.  Thanks again.

Make sure you are connected to the 5 GHz wifi network on your new router. It like you are connected to 2.4 GHz. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title