Do I have a defective router?
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

I have a Verizon supplied M1424WR router. About a week ago, the internet light went from green to orange. I called support and after various resets and disconnects to reload software, the thing came back up. (it took about 20 minutes to get it working and the tech had no idea what happened.). For the next couple of days everything was fine.

For the past 2 days, when I click on a URL (almost any URL) in the address box, the internet light just sits there for a good 5-15 seconds before it finally connects to the site. Once on a site, the speed seems to be fine, although sometimes when navigating a site, the same kind of delay occurs.

Oh and I always used the Verizon site to manage my FIOS TV remotely and now I cannot connect to my STB. I get the "unable to connect" message.

If I get agreement that  it is the router, how do I get a new one from Verizon?

Thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I have a defective router?
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for that information. That could very well be the problem.. I'll call my friendly Verizon Customer Service Department and try to get a different router. I know the ticket number for the one I opened last week so I shouldn't have to go thru the troubleshooting again. Maybe they will send me an upgraded router (if  there is one).

thanks again

sharkman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhpas you do.

What is the exact ver and firmware of this router?

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Firmware Version

Model is  MI424WR-D

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not saying for sure if have a defective router, but I can tell what I know..

Those routers have a small/tiny NAT table, which may explain why you are having that/this/those issue(s).

I point to http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

^^

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for that information. That could very well be the problem.. I'll call my friendly Verizon Customer Service Department and try to get a different router. I know the ticket number for the one I opened last week so I shouldn't have to go thru the troubleshooting again. Maybe they will send me an upgraded router (if  there is one).

thanks again

sharkman

0 Likes