Do I need Coaxial cable for FIOS?
MikeinFM

Hi I disconnected the coaxial cable from my Actiontec router because we are having our floors done and the cable goes through the floor. I was surprised I still had wireless service. There is another cable going to the router that I assume is providing me with FIOS service. My question is whether I even need the coaxial cable since I have the same speed and service without it.  (I don't get my tv through Verizon if that fact is relevant.  Thanks for helping me understand.

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do I need Coaxial cable for FIOS?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your internet still works then there is an ethernet cable from the ont to the Actiontec WAN connection. You don't not need the coax if you don't have Verizon TV but if you ever switch to cable you will need it so I would make sure both wires fit through the floor so you don't have to ever drill anymore holes. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your internet still works then there is an ethernet cable from the ont to the Actiontec WAN connection. You don't not need the coax if you don't have Verizon TV but if you ever switch to cable you will need it so I would make sure both wires fit through the floor so you don't have to ever drill anymore holes. 

0 Likes
MikeinFM

Thanks so very much, Bronze. I could not find my thread again so I just saw your reply. You are most helpful!!!

0 Likes
LinuxUser

You do not need to coax cable at all on the Verizon FIOS Router.  However the FIOS Tv says it may not work with full features.   This is specifically for the newer FIOS Tv.  No idea about the older ones.  I do not use a FIOS router and TV works fine

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes