Do I need to cancel and sign up all over to get the better deal?
mmkarol

I've been a Verizon FIOS for several years, and now they're offering a Gigabit plan much better than the 100MB plan I'm on, and cheaper, too. I got a run-around when I called the other day, and a long explanation of why I couldn't switch, all of which sounded bogus. I'm thinking of canceling. Is it worth waiting to see if there's any promotion in May, or should I just cancel and take my business elsewhere? 

0 Likes
Re: Do I need to cancel and sign up all over to get the better deal?
jonjones1
Legend

@mmkarolwrote:

I've been a Verizon FIOS for several years, and now they're offering a Gigabit plan much better than the 100MB plan I'm on, and cheaper, too. I got a run-around when I called the other day, and a long explanation of why I couldn't switch, all of which sounded bogus. I'm thinking of canceling. Is it worth waiting to see if there's any promotion in May, or should I just cancel and take my business elsewhere? 

There is a new customer pricing scheme and a long standing customer pricing.

in todays market it is common to keep raising prices to existing customers because it has been shown that happy existing customers do not want to switch out services.

yes it’s a game. With Verizon and cable losing customers year after year on tv and phone it is just the opposite on broadband.

you could leave if internet only and after 30-60 days Verizon will beg you to come back and offer low new customer pricing. Cable does the same thing.

now you could have another credit worthy family member get new customer pricing after you cancel. And Fios cannot tell you that you cannot cancel. You can leave at anytime. If in contract you pay an early termination fee if not you get service somewhere else.

most customers don’t want the hassle of switching services out. But it’s easy to do. Just have the new service install along side your existing service. This way you switch when you please. 

Good luck in your quest.

0 Likes