Do not choose transfer service
whyichoosefios8

If you was used to use Verizon I suggest DO NOT USE VERIZON FIOS INTERNET!

Because transfer service experience is disaster for me!

If you was used to use verizon 1Gbps and want to transfer service, don't do it!!!

I used to use Verizon 1Gbps and then I sign the lease. The leasing office people suggest me use verizon. And then I contact them 1 month before I move in this new apartment. And the verizon local representive set my internet order with 1Gbps speed. But two days before I move in, I receive phone call from other verizon staff said this building doesn't support 1Gbps. Then I ask him what is maximum speed, he use 5 mins to check, and tell me its 50mbps, then I asked price, he use another 5 mins to check and tell me system is done and don't want waste my time, some body will call me back. And 30 mins later I receive phone call from verizon the staff don't know what's going on, and then I explain to him again, and he use 10 mins to check the max speed then tell me its 50mbps. And I asked price again, he let me wait 20 mins to check and tell me the price is same as 1Gbytes which is 79.99. He asked me do I need to change order. Because I need to catch the train so I tell him call me tomorrow. And in the second day, one day before I move in. In the morning I receive email said I need to contact them. Then I make phone call, 5 mins to explain, 10 mins check that building max speed, 15 check price. And then I asked can you waive installation fee she said no. But yesterday morning I check online if I place new order online they can waive. Then I hang up and contact the local representive and he said he can waive it for me and let me send some material to him. Then after 2 hours he reply to me said he didn't have rights to change my order. And let me call Verizon service again. Then I call again, and explain to her for 5 mins, check speed 20 mins check price for 20 mins. It waste too much time I need to back to work, and consider to comcast 25mbps is only 29.99 I choose to change to comcast. 

Really bad disaster experience!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do not choose transfer service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check with your building management to check whether or not FiOS is being delivered through a VDSL system or through individual ONTs located in each apartment. The VDSL installs would be limited to the lower FiOS tiers since the technology cannot handle Gigabit, even if the incoming Fiber to the building is more than capable. Verizon doesn't do new FiOS installs using VDSL anymore, for what it's worth.

The DSL based installs were done in buildings where the landlord didn't approve architectural modifications to pull the Fiber.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check with your building management to check whether or not FiOS is being delivered through a VDSL system or through individual ONTs located in each apartment. The VDSL installs would be limited to the lower FiOS tiers since the technology cannot handle Gigabit, even if the incoming Fiber to the building is more than capable. Verizon doesn't do new FiOS installs using VDSL anymore, for what it's worth.

The DSL based installs were done in buildings where the landlord didn't approve architectural modifications to pull the Fiber.

0 Likes
whyichoosefios8

I already cancel order and don't want waste my time with Verizon customer service. Every phone call is lone time. T his hing doesn't related to DSL, they have 50mbps FIOS Internet. If I place oeder online, I can see every Internet speed and price easily. But customer service just let me wait and tell me 2day before move in they placed order internet speed doesn’t support. Call me back send another people don’t know this things, and need to explain and waste lots of time check. I don’t want to use this bad customer service anymore 

0 Likes