Re: Does FIOS have IPv6 yet?
VegasJH1
Enthusiast - Level 2

2019 and outside of Pittsburgh, still no IPV6. Nicely done Fios. Nice. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon has been testing IPv6 for months in a few small areas. It's enabled at the Central Office level, so at least for the moment the deployments have been rather limited.

The areas that Verizon has been testing in for months now include (these were verified from a thread on DSLReports):

- Ashburn VA (no surprise, HQ's there)

- Waltham MA (VZ Tech Center there)

- A number of areas along I-95 in Virginia, including Midlothian/Richmond, Spotsylvania, and Dale City.

That said, I'm not in any of those areas (just west of Ashburn, but served by another CO) and I started seeing IPv6 router advertisements on my pfSense router last week. After some experimentation on Saturday, I was successful in getting native IPv6 service working.

So after months of no IPv6 expansion, it appears there may be further limited rollout of it going on.

If you run pfSense as your router, you might want to check out this thread on the pfSense forums. It has the settings I'm using, as well as a script that can be scheduled to run that will send notification when router advertisements are detected on your WAN interface.

https://forum.netgate.com/topic/155534/verizon-fios-and-ipv6-which-settings-work

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes