Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?
tracert

I'm considering returning to Fios for Internet. We really only watch two stations (one broadcast, one cable, both of which are available as apps on AppleTV.) These apps typically require activation via your TV Provider even though they are on AppleTV. My question is: If I choose not to add a TV package, then when I am asked by the app to activate it via my TV provider, will it work to activate it through Verizon? Or is this not a route I can use to stream content via those apps?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. If you don’t subscribe to a TV package then you won’t be able to view those channels with your Verizon account. You’ll either have to choose a Verizon TV package with those channels or use a streaming service. 
I would honestly go with a streaming service because Verizon will likely make you get a set-top box is you get one of their TV packages. 

View solution in original post

Re: Does being a Fios Internet subscriber mean Fios is my "TV Provider"?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. If you don’t subscribe to a TV package then you won’t be able to view those channels with your Verizon account. You’ll either have to choose a Verizon TV package with those channels or use a streaming service. 
I would honestly go with a streaming service because Verizon will likely make you get a set-top box is you get one of their TV packages.